Ingredients- (Easy Chinese EGG FRIED)
Basmati Rice- 400 gm
Onion- 1 small
Green Capsicum- 1 small diced into little pcs
Leek- 1 small thinly sliced
Spring Onion- 3 stalks cut into 1/2 inch pcs
Carrot- 1 pc grated
Mushroom-(any)- 50 gm slice or cut into small pcs
Groundnut or Veg Oil-3 tbsp-(only use veg oil if allergic to nuts)
Sesame Oil- 1/4 tsp-(leave out if allergic to sesame seeds)
Ground pepper- 1/2 tsp
Salt- 1-1/2 tsp
- The first stage of of preparation for your Easy Chinese Egg Fried Rice is to gently wash Rice in cold water ensuring it doesn’t break. Set aside for 10-minutes covered in water and then drain ready for cooking. Boil a full kettle of water and transfer to a pot and add 1-tsp of salt and then throw the rice in. Stir once to ensure its not sticking and allow water to boil for 10-minutes and then set heat to medium. Check to see how rice is cooking after 20-minutes and let it continue for a few minutes if not fully done. Once cooked, remove from heat and strain rice using a colander. Allow to cool and keep aside for later.
- Heat half the Oil-(1.5 tbsp), break and add the eggs stirring throughout for 2-minutes. Remove the egg and heat the remaining Oil and then add the Onion and capsicum first and stir for 1-minute and then add the mushroom and carrot and stir for further 2-minutes. Now add the leek and and stir for 1-minute.
- Add the Rice to the veg and stir gently for 1-minutes from the sides to prevent rice breaking and then throw the Spring Onion in and stir for another minute.
- Add 3/4 tbsp of light Soya Sauce, the remaining 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper set aside and stir all in for 1-minute and then finish off by adding the Sesame Oil, mix in for 30-seconds and then remove from the flame. Your Easy Chinese Egg Fried Rice ready to serve.
- Don’t wait for me, plate up and enjoy. If you want a great Chilli Chicken to go with this rice, click here.
Check out some of our other pages for great recipe ideas and please give us feedback so that we can continue to improve this space for you.